Congress Hotel – Sample Hotel Review – Sample

G6 Profiles Forums Member Forum Reviews US Reviews Hotel Reviews Congress Hotel – Sample Hotel Review – Sample

Tagged: ,

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    ultra feed
    Participant

Name:  Congress Plaza Hotel and Convention Center

GREAT value for those appreciate history

Price was less than half of most other hotels near the area. The lobby as of course impressive!!! I was always curious about the hotel because everytime we came (we do every year) we pass by it by the park. I’ve heard disappointing reviews, but because of the historical part of it (one of the oldest hotels in Chicago) and I was traveling alone, no need to appease my husband who’d prefer to stay at a Hilton, I wanted to try this out. This place did not disappoint. I LOVED the gold plated elevator, old fashion. And the room was LARGE. Super clean, I think they had new carpet placed. The bathroom, I’m big on bathrooms, are exquisite with all kinds of hotel logo printed toiletries that you’d find in boutique 5 star hotels. The few downsides are bare walls and old worn out crown moldings, and few electrical outlets for charging. But large closet, and very comfy beddings. I would stay here again in a heartbeat! Especially when I have more time to just stroll outside crossing the street into the beautiful park. Another awesome thing is that there’s always taxi parked outside because it’s on such a busy Main Street. You never have to wait. The bell people are super nice and so is the concierge guy.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled on business
    Sleep Quality: 4/5
    Cleanliness: 3/5

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
FashionBuzz © 2022 | All Rights Reserved Theme by Flythemes